Thursday 12 July 2012

peachoo+krejberg




Last year I discovered the perfect cape. It was quilted, so for winter, but made of silk, with a high collar and a beautiful geometric shape. I was inlove. Then, I discovered it was made by Peachoo+Krejberg, of which (I am ashamed to admit) I never heard before.

But better late then never, I started getting familiar with the Indian+Danish designer duo and their modern and unique collections that make you want to buy every single piece.

Peachoo Datwani (of Indian origin) and Roy Krejberg (born in Denmark), developed different careers in fashion until they met and created their brand in 2004. They are ahead of any influcence or trend and are not afraid to play with fabrics, shapes and proportions to create fabulous clothes in a style that you can immediately identify as their own.

Here are some runway photos from the SS 2012 collection, showing their asymetric shapes, mix of transparency and feathers, natural but glamour, angel and devil at the same time.

P.S. Needless to say, the above mentioned cape is now in my closet. To many more!

© photos: Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment